A very straight forward Immigration service has been formed by the Indian Government so that people from foreign countries or Indians living in other countries can visit India without any hassle. The whole process has been upgraded by including 169 Missions, 77 ICPs (Immigration Check Posts), 5 FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices), and FROs (Foreigners Registration Offices) in the State/District Headquarters. The Bureau of Immigration provides following services to the tourists visiting India for business or travel purpose.
- Providing facility of multi-channel access service for travelers for specific information and submission of forms.
- Easy process of online appointments, tracking of application status, complain registration, help and feedback.
- Visa Issuance service
- Incorporated database of ‘unique case files’ designed for travelers where traveler information are systematically distributed.
- Faster process of document verification and authentication done at the Mission, Immigration and FRRO
- Online Assistance for the travelers at Immigration center
- Effective directed intervention by the authorities for risk assessment, profile assessment and watch-listing for the safety of people.
- Interagency information and rapid alert sharing services.
- Alert generation and dissemination service.
Immigration check is done for all passengers’ weather Indian or Foreigner where passport of every individual is duly stamped at the time of arrival and departure. Every passenger coming to India needs to check that their passports are stamped and fill the Arrival card and Departure card subsequently. The person Indian/Foreigner needs to hold their valid national passport with all the relevant documents for Identity proof. Visa can be obtained prior to the journey except the countries where “Visa on Arrival” is applicable.