Everybody is aware of the requirement of a Passport when traveling to another country. Passport, in fact is your identity in a foreign country. Hence, it is mandatory for everyone to get a Passport ready, who knows when the opportunity knocks and you may get a chance to visit a new country.
In India, you can apply for an Indian Passport online. Remember, after the Passport application process it may take up to 45 days to receive the Passport. You can also go for the “Tatkal” option where you can get your Passport within 8-10 days for an extra payment of 1500 rupees. Normally the application fees for an Indian Passport is 1000 rupees.
How to Apply for an Indian Passport Online?
Follow the following 7 steps to play for Indian Passport Online:
- Step 1 – Register on the Passport Seva Portal through this link: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink (Click on the “Register” button under the Apply Box on this link)
- Step 2 – Once registered, now login to Passport Seva Portal with your Login Id.
- Step 3 – Now click “Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport” link on Applicant Home Page.
- Step 4 – On the next page, you have 2 alternatives. Either fill the form offline (recommended) or online. If you select offline, then you just need to upload the form after you have filled it completely whereas online form will be directly saved after you click “save” button. In either alternatives, fill in the required details and submit.
- Step 5 – Later click on the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Step 6 – This step is must. Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the receipt that contains your Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
- Step 7 – Lastly visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) office on the Appointment Date along with the original documents.